Are wireless smart homes in Sacramento worth it?
Not so long ago, home security systems were restricted to hard-wired equipment linked through a lengthy installation. Those days are done. Wireless advancements have transformed the market and introduced a wealth of opportunities for homeowners.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Sacramento is a good option for you? Find out what you should know about wireless solutions.
What you should know before going wireless
The backbone of any wireless system is a stable link to the internet. Reliable, speedy internet and a high-quality wireless router are the principal elements you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in a couple of years, think about switching it out now to capitalize on the newest performance enhancements.
If you dwell in an area without dependable fast internet or cell coverage, you might be well-advised to go with a wired connection. Or, if you relocate to a house that is hardwired for home security, it could be reasonable financially to stick with that arrangement.
Network and power outages can occur regardless of where you are located. To address this concern, look for security systems with battery and cellular backups to stay connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Sacramento?
The main goal of any home security system is to protect your family from threats like theft and fire. You can accomplish this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to benefit from the latest advancements, a wireless smart home is your top option. With a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to secure your doors or watch live footage from your smartphone? A wireless smart home provides a degree of access you’ve never seen previously. You can check or adjust any integrated components remotely, such as your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant updates: You can not only access your system, but it can also access you. If one of your sensors is activated, an update will be delivered immediately to your mobile device app. You’ll always know when the system goes off, no matter your location.
● Flexibility and scalability: Different from wired components, you can put wireless options practically anyplace. Would you like to have a surveillance camera on your desktop or in your child’s room? No problem! It’s also simple to add or remove components from your wireless smart home.
Possible shortcomings of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Sacramento have proven safe and useful, there are a couple of potential drawbacks. You should consider the following:
● You might have to switch out batteries. If you use battery-powered components, there’s always the possibility of failure when the battery dies. Even so, smart elements will inform you when the battery is low and usually last for years without requiring a replacement.
● Placement of devices. There may be a limit on how far you can put wireless components away from the central command hub. This won’t be an issue in the majority of homes, but you need to ask about the distance before making a decision.
● Risk of online hacking. Similar to any computer network, the risk of hacking exists. But you can considerably lower this risk by incorporating hard-to-guess passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Sacramento today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can provide by customizing your own with a Vivint specialist today. You’ll appreciate being able to monitor and control your Sacramento security system from anywhere. Dial (916) 914-8674 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.